Dil meydan okuması
How well can you learn a language in just 40 days? Have you ever wondered?
Now you have a chance to find out: Join our Challenge to learn Esperanto and/or Interslavic in just 40 days before the Polyglot Gathering 2023!
Are you ready for the challenge? Are you ready to get a new superpower by learning one or both of these fascinating planned languages? Here’s how it works:
- Apply to participate in the challenge:
- The challenge starts on 6 May 2023.
- You apply simply by filling in the application form.
- Who can participate: anyone who is a complete beginner in Esperanto/Interslavic.
- Lernu! – a truly multilingual platform offering a rich selection of Esperanto materials and courses, as well as a great grammar overview and dictionary.
- Duolingo – if you want a gamified learning experience, this platform might be something to try out.
- Esperanto in 12 lessons – this 12-lesson course promises to teach you Esperanto in not 40, but just 12 days.
- Reta Vortaro – a multilingual online dictionary.
- Vortaro.net – the online version of Plena Ilustrita Vortaro, the most comprehensive monolingual Esperanto dictionary.
- Telegram group for Esperanto speakers, a part of the Polyglot Gathering language groups.
- The challenge ends during the Polyglot Gathering in Teresin, where all contestants will prove their skills in an oral exam (don’t worry, it’s more like an informal conversation!).
- The oral exam consists of a short presentation (1-2 minutes) and a conversation with our jury.
- The criteria you will be tested on are fluency, interaction, grammatical accuracy, and vocabulary.
- We have some great polyglot prizes ready for you!